Twins Torii Hunter spent much of season | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Melissa Underwood
Torii Hunter, ble sed with one of the best outfield arms in baseball, spent much of this season lobbing the ball back into the infield on base hits, rarely challenging runners.He had no choiceafter he injuredhis throwing arm in a Nomar Mazara Jersey game May 1.Hunter told the Pioneer Pre sFriday his arm wasn't right for two months after he ran into the outfield wall chasing a fly ball.PHOTOS: Most iconic moment of every MLB team Rangers Cool Base Custom Royal Jersey | MORE: MLB playoffs magic number watch for Sept. 12I put a knot in it, Hunter said. I couldnt throw for May and June. Delino DeShields Jersey Then it kind of went away at the end of June. It wasnt the labrum, but it took awhile.The 40-year-old said his arm is fully recovered now, thanks in part to the Twins training staff.The revelation about his injury came to light by accident Friday, after he threw out two base runners who tested him in the Twins 6-2 victory.Its been awhile since somebody tested my arm, he said. It was a lot of Nolan Ryan 1989 Practice Royal Jersey fun that they were testing Adrian Beltre Youth Royal Jersey it today and I was able to let loose and throw. I dont remember the last time I even had attempts to even do that.Hunter now has 131 career a sists,second among active outfielders behind Carlos Beltran, who had 138 entering Saturday.